Dyslexia is something that usually impacts reading, writing and spelling. But what about Math? There is something called Dyscalculia
which does impact ones ability to do math. According to wikipedia, there are a number of symptoms, but some of the key ones are:
- Frequent difficulties with arithmetic
- Difficulty with everyday tasks like reading analog clocks
- Inability to comprehend financial planning or budgeting, sometimes even at a basic level; for example, estimating the cost of the items in a shopping basket or balancing a checkbook
- Difficulty with multiplication-tables, and subtraction-tables, addition tables, division tables, mental arithmetic, etc.
- Difficulty with conceptualizing time and judging the passing of time. May be chronically late or early
- Problems with differentiating between left and right
You can see a more detailed list at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyscalculia.